01/03/2016

Where has she been so far? *Updated*

For as long as I can possibly remember, I have loved airports. Airports fill me with a nervous energy and make me want to bounce off the walls and explore every nook and cranny. They make me want to try every pastry from every cafe and buy all the books that I'm never even going to open until I make it back home again.

Then there's the flight. I love planes and I love flying. I especially love take off (particularly if I have the window seat). I love the white noise as I drift off to sleep.

I don't remember my first flight but I know that it was to Malta.

In my younger years we would travel to Malta on summer holidays and stay with my nan. Days were full of swimming and walks along the promenade (ice creams in hand and splattered down the front of t-shirts of course). Those days were really some of my happiest times. Sometimes a scent will trigger a memory and I'll be transported back in time to a quieter less polluted Malta when my only trouble was fighting away mossies and coping with the humid nights.

Fast forward a good twenty years and I'm now living the dream in Malta. Almost fifteen years in fact! How time does fly.

In the name of getting to know me a bit better I thought it would be nice to make a list of the countries, towns and cities I've been to so far.

1. England (lived in Buckinghamshire for fourteen years) - London, Norfolk, Manchester, York, Leeds, Bristol, Bath
2. Wales - Cardiff, St Dogmaels, Brecon Beacons
3. Malta - (currently living here) - Everywhere
4. Ireland - Dublin, Galway, Connemara, somewhere else with a funny name...I'll get back to this
5. Mexico - Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Coba
6. Egypt - Luxor, Cairo
7. Turkey - Bodrum, Dalyan, Ephesus, Pamukkale
8. Spain - Valencia
9. Finland - Kuusamo, Helsinki
10. China - Beijing, Chengdu, Xi'an
11. Austria - Vienna
12. Poland - Krakow, Gdansk
13. Iceland - Reykjavik
14. Morocco - Marrakesh, Imlil, Atlas Mountains
15. Italy - Rome
16. Belgium - Brussels
17. Hungary - Budapest



Have you been to any of the countries listed? If so, which was your favourite country to visit? xo

Image credit


No comments:

Post a Comment